How to Select Egyptian Cotton Sheets and Pillowcases
Your cotton sheets just arent very comfortable. In fact, theyre downright rough, but switching to sheets with a higher thread count, such as Egyptian cotton sheets, may mean the difference between a good and bad night of sleep.
What Are Some Types of Cotton Sheets?
Egyptian cotton has long had a reputation for being the softest type of cotton. The cotton is grown in the Nile River Valley, and this luxury material provides the perfect fabric for bedding thats soft to the touch. These linens come in varied types, so you can outfit your entire bed in the supple, luxurious feel of Egyptian cotton.
- A fitted sheet is the sheet that goes on the very bottom of your bedding set. The elastic design allows it to fit securely to your mattress to prevent it from slipping off, and you can buy these sheets separately or in a bedding set.
- Flat sheets go on top of fitted sheets and are used as a lightweight covering underneath a comforter or blanket.
- Pillowcases match your sheets and cover your pillows to provide a complete bedding set.
What Are Some Sheet Designs and Colors?
Like all other types of bedding, Egyptian cotton comes in a myriad of patterns, designs, and colors to allow you to customize how your bed looks.
- Solid-colored sheets come in numerous color options. These range from neutrals like white, black, gray, and beige to brighter colors like pink, orange, purple, and yellow.
- Patterns include designs like plaid Egyptian cotton sheets, stripes, or polka dots.
- Sheets outfitted with graphic prints include animal prints or paisley linens.
How Do You Purchase Egyptian Cotton Bedding?
There are a couple of ways to buy Egyptian cotton bedding, so weigh several factors and make your decision based on your budget, your aesthetic taste, and your personal preferences when it comes to purchasing bedsheets.
- You can begin by selecting a size that corresponds to your beds size. Egyptian cotton sheets and pillowcases come in twin, full, queen, and king sizes, and pillowcase sizes correspond to the sheets. For instance, most full sheets come with standard-sized pillowcases, but sheets for a larger bed like a queen or king come with king-sized pillows to fit a bed of that size.
- Decide whether youd like to buy a set or purchase the components separately. When you opt for a sheet set, it may come with everything you need to outfit your bed in Egyptian cotton, including a flat sheet, a fitted sheet, and matching pillowcases. Additionally, sets come with either two or four pillowcases.
- Youll also need to choose a thread count. The higher the thread count, the softer the sheets are. For instance, bedsheets with a 1,000-thread count will be softer than those with a 500-thread count are.