Geometric Extra Long Shower Curtains
Looking to spruce up your bathroom decor? You can add a pop of color and design with an extra long geometric shower curtain. With the wide variety of shower curtains available, you will be able to find one to match any bathroom theme and style choice.How do you choose the right shower curtain?
- Decide on the size of the curtain - Measure the size of the tub and shower in your bathroom to determine which curtain will provide the optimal coverage. The size is also dependent on whether you would like a floor-length curtain or one that ends at the top of the bathroom tub.
- Decide on a fabric or vinyl shower curtain - Standard fabric curtains are available in cotton, polyester, or a blend.
- Decide on a color and design - This will be dependent on your personal tastes and style. There are many different geometric designs and colors to choose from.
- Choose shower rings - Standard rings are available in metal and plastic.
Whether or not you should use a shower curtain liner depends on the fabric of the curtain. Vinyl shower curtains repel water and do not need a liner with them. However, if you choose a fabric shower curtain that is not water resistant, a liner is recommended to keep the bathroom tile from getting wet. Some fabric curtains are now being made out of microfibers, which make them more moisture resistant.How do you measure for a new shower curtain?
The first step is to measure the width of the space the shower curtain will fit over. Usually, this is the front of your bath or shower. The standard shower curtain is 70 to 72 inches wide and 72 inches long. The extra-long shower curtains are approximately 84 inches long.What shower curtain material should you choose?
- Your choice depends on your style and what kind of shower curtain arrangement you would like.
- Polyester shower curtains are available in a variety of designs and patterns. They are water resistant, easy to clean, and resist mildew.
- Cotton and linen curtains are also available in a wide variety of designs and have a softer feel than the polyester ones. However, many of these are not waterproof and will most likely require a liner. One option is to have the cloth curtain on the outside of the bath and the shower curtain liner on the inside of the shower.