Flush Mount Chandeliers and Ceiling Fixtures
Flush mount chandeliers and ceiling fixtures are versatile lighting options for any room. They work in high-traffic areas and in rooms with low ceilings. They are ideal for providing general illumination, which makes them a good lighting choice for everything from bathrooms to kitchens.
What does flush mount mean?
Flush mount lighting refers to fixtures that attach directly to the ceiling with no gap. These lights are often relatively simple in style because they are right up against the drywall or plaster of the ceiling and are therefore not overly visible.
What does semi-flush mount mean?
Semi-flush mount lights have a base that extends a few inches below the ceiling. These fixtures tend to be more decorative than their flush mount alternatives, and they are typically available in a wider range of styles, materials, and designs.
What sizes do these lighting options come in?
Flush mount lights and semi-flush mount lights come in a variety of sizes. While the average ceiling light has a diameter of about a foot, these fixtures can range from 6 inches to 2 feet. This wide range of sizes means that these light options can be installed in many different spaces, from cramped closets to expansive dining rooms.
What types of flush mount and semi-flush mount fixtures are available?
These lighting options come in every aesthetic imaginable. Here are a few of the most common types:
- Lights with fabric shades: Some flush lights come with fabric shades, which impart a cozy glow to any room. These are ideal for casual bedrooms, studies, and living rooms.
- Lights with glass shades: This is perhaps the most common type of flush mount options. These glass shades are often dome-shaped, and they come in glass styles that range from etched to clear.
- Crystal ceiling lights: Flush mount options with crystal embellishments are a stylish alternative to chandeliers. Theyre ideal for entryways and upscale dining rooms.
- Three-bulb ceiling lights: When a flush mount ceiling light has three adjustable light heads and bulbs, it allows people to optimize brightness and to highlight spatial focal points. These pieces are often used as accent lights.
- Caged lights: Caged lights are available in a range of aesthetics, from industrial to eclectic. These lights are characterized by their cage-like structures that surround the lighting source. They are often statement pieces, and they are typically found in dining rooms and kitchens.
What finishes are available for flush mount lighting?
This type of lighting can be purchased in a wide variety of finishes, including:
- Antique bronze
- Satin nickel
- Brushed nickel
- Oil-rubbed bronze
These different finish options ensure that ceiling lighting can be found to match all types of decor, from modern to classic.
What types of bulbs go with flush ceiling lighting?
The type of bulbs chosen impacts the quality of light. Some options, like fluorescents, minimize energy costs, while incandescent bulbs can provide more atmospheric lighting. Many flush mount ceiling lights come with a dimmer option that gives users greater control over their lighting quality.