GE Range and Stove
Regardless of your reason for opting for a GE range, your choice will depend on the kitchen’s layout. You will choose from gas, electric or dual fuel ranges. Here is what you need to know about the style and performance of GE ranges.Should you get a freestanding range or a slide-in range?
GE ranges come in assorted styles, including single and double convection ovens with warming drawers. Typically, the ranges measure 30 inches wide and are available in a variety of colors. At a minimum, they have four burners. Some appliances feature a griddle and a fifth burner in the center. The gas range models from the GE Cafe Series include six burners with an integrated griddle.
- Freestanding: The brand manufactures models with a stainless steel, black, white, or slate finish. They can stand on their own, between cabinets, or against a wall. Most freestanding ranges have a backsplash to shield walls from splatter. Both the electric range and gas range have oven controls on the backsplash.
- Slide-in: Slide-in ranges are designed to fit into the cabinetry on a wall or an island. Neither the gas nor electric range has a backsplash or finished sides. Some models in the GE Cafe Series feature an overlapping strip that fits over the counters to provide a seamless appearance. The control panel is located above the oven door on both the gas and electric range.
Once you decide if you prefer a freestanding or slide-in range, consider your cooking style and connection. GE offers a variety of gas, electric, and dual fuel ranges. The GE Cafe is available for each connection type with or without a griddle. Some models include a convection oven.
- Electric range: The GE brand offers three options for ranges with electrical connections: electric smooth top, coil, and induction.
- Smooth top: Made of ceramic glass, these economical appliances feature heating units beneath the surface.
- Coil: Electricity moves through the coil to the heating element to cook food.
- Induction: The burner on these appliances uses electromagnetic energy for cooking.
- Gas range: This cost-efficient option allows you to cook food using a flame. Some models also include a griddle.
- Dual fuel ranges: GE Café appliances have gas burners with electric convection ovens.
Coordinate your range with your appliances, cabinetry, and walls. GE ranges are available in a variety of finishes, including:
- Stainless steel: A stainless steel freestanding or slide-in gas range will reflect light.
- Black stainless: These are solid black with a glossy, metallic luster.
- White: Both freestanding and slide-in models are available in solid white.
- Slate: These grey appliances have a beige undertone.