Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Sheathed in glass and metal, the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 blurs the line between a small tablet and a large smartphone. Like all Note series smartphones it features a built-in stylus, or S-pen, in addition to the large screen and network connectivity.
The Note 5 Screen
Few things are as important to a smartphone as the screen, and the Note 5 has a very good one. Its a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED screen with 1440P resolution. This translates to 515 pixels per inch, which makes individual pixels almost invisible to the naked eye. Samsungs Diamond Pixel display is not just sharp; its also bright and offers excellent contrast. The big advantage of OLED is that each pixel is individual lit, rather than sharing a common backlight. This makes it easy to create true blacks, just by turning off the relevant pixels.
How Do You Charge the Note 5?
One of the most important considerations for any smartphone is charging. Thats even more important when it comes to phones with fixed batteries like the Galaxy Note 5, because you cant just swap out the battery and keep going. The Note 5 offers two options to keep you going:
- Samsung Fast Charging: Samsungs Adaptive Fast charging gets you up to speed by giving you up to a 50 percent charge in as little as half an hour. All you need to do is plug a compatible charger into the wall and the other end into your phone.
- Wireless Charging: The Galaxy Note 5 also supports multiple wireless charging standards. All you have to do is lay the phone down on the charging pad and watch it charge. Its not the fastest way to charge, but it is the easiest.
What Are Some of the Important Features of the Note 5?
As with any flagship smartphone, the Note 5 offers a number of key features to its adopters including both a high resolution screen and wireless charging. Other features include:
- Gorilla Glass: The screen uses Corning Gorilla Glass, making it highly resistant to the scuffs and scratches of regular use.
- Slim Form Factor: One concern with large screens is that they make the device hard to hold, but the Note 5 bucks the trend. Despite being over six inches tall, the handset is only 3 inches wide, making it much easier to hold than many phones with similar screen sizes.
- Cameras: The Note 5 offers the standard dual cameras, with a 16 MP rear camera and 5 MP front camera.
- Heart Rate Sensor: With an integrated health application comes an integrated heart rate sensor. Located beside the flash, it can measure everything from heart rate, to stress levels, and even blood oxygen levels.
Galaxy S9 and S9+
Samsung introduced the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ smartphones in early 2018. These flagship devices feature variable aperture cameras for multiple light levels and a slim design for a comfortable grip. Both models feature a pixel density over 500 pixels per inch for sharp images at any distance.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Samsung.